B. Com(Business Analytics)
Established in the Year – 2020
- Investment Banker.
- Insurance SectorBankingSector
- StockMarketoperationPortfolio ManagerEXIM Bank
- Business Analyst
- Data Analyst
- Qualitative Analyst
- Technical Leader
- Well Qualified and Experienced Faculty team with rich experience in Research area.
- Experiential Learning.
- Course Curriculum Designed as per the Industrial Needs.
- Placement in highly creditable and reputed firm sand Institutions.
- Equip the students with Practical Knowledge and Training.
- Inter-andIntra-departmental activities for enhancing the knowledge.
- Pursue Excellence in the Area of Research.
- Hands-on learning of leading analytical tools.
- To acquire theoretical knowledge of data science tools, also gain exposure to business perspectives.
- The Career opportunities after completion of B.Com (BA) degree are Business Analyst, Quantitative Analyst, Operations Research Analyst and Market research Analyst
- Learning trending programming language for career advancements
3 YEARS (6 SEMESTERS)
A Passin Higher Secondary Examination
- Language –Tamil I/ Malayalam I/ Hindi I/ French I/ Arabic I
- English –Communicative English I
- Core I – Financial Accounting
- Core II – Fundamentals of Business Analytics
- Core III- Computer Applications Practical – I – Analysis with Excel
- Allied I – Quantitative Techniques I- Mathematics
- Professional English
- Value Education (VE): Ethics & Culture
- Language – Tamil II/ Malayalam II / Hindi II / French II / Arabic II
- English – Communicative English II
- Core IV- Cost and Management Accounting
- Core V – C++
- Core VI – Computer Application
- Practical II – C++
- Allied II – Quantitative Techniques II- Statistics
- Professional English
- Environmental studies(ES)
- Modular-Module 1-Course I -Introduction to Business
- Core VII – Business Data Mining
- Core VIII – Database Programming
- Core IX- Computer Applications Practical III – Database Programming
- Allied III- Financial Markets and Institutions
- Elective I
- Skill Based Course(SBC) I – Technological Analytics – Java and Linux Fundamentals
- Non-Major Elective(NME)– I : Basic Tamil/ Women’s Rights/Advanced Tamil/ Basic Hindi/ Basic Malayalam.
- Modular-Module 1-course II- Business as a career
- Core X – R Programming
- Core XI – Computer Application Practical IV – Analysis with SPSS & R
- Allied IV – Managerial Economics
- Elective II
- Skill Based Course (SBC) II-
- PRACTICAL I -Technological Analytics – Java and Linux Fundamentals
- Non-Major Elective(NME) –II : Basic Tamil/ General Awareness Advanced Tamil/ Basic Hindi/ Basic Malayalam.
- Modular-Module 2-course I- Trade and Service Activities
- Core XII– Python
- Core XIII – Security Analysis and Portfolio Management
- Core XIV – Business Intelligence
- Core XV -Computer Applications – Practical V- Python
- Elective – III
- Skill Based Course (SBC) III- SAS & SCILAB
- Extra Disciplinary Course (Compulsory)
- Modular-Module 2-course II – Office Procedures and Practices
- Core XVI– Taxation
- Core XVII – Hadoop
- Core XVIII – Computer Applications Practicals VI – Hadoop
- Core XIX – Project Work-Viva & Voce
- Elective -IV
- Skill Based Course (SBC) IV- Practical II – SAS SCILAB
- Extension Activities-NCC/NSS/SPORTS/DEA
- Modular-Module 2-Course III -Financing of Business
Credits & Evaluation
The Elective courses are offered to the UG and PG students on Choice Based Credit System(CBCS) pattern.
- UG:Certificate Course in Business Studies
- PG:Advanced Certificate in Business Studies
Intra Disciplinary Course(IDC)
Inter Disciplinary Course-Financial Psychology
Extra Disciplinary Course(EDC):
The department offers EDC to other disciplines:
- PG–Global Business and Finance
Value Added Programme:
- Tally ERP9.
- Advanced Excel
The Department offers a Certificate programme to the students of other disciplines.
- Fundamentals of Accounting
Assessment and Evaluation:
The students are assessed and evaluated based on Assignments, Group Discussions, Seminars, Continuous Internal Assessments, Model Examination, End Semester Examination, Practical and project viva voce examinations.