Department of Commerce with Computer Applications
About the Department : B.Com (CA),B.Com (BA) and M.Com (FC)
The B.Com (CA), a three year under graduate programme was introduced in the year 2000. It provides the teaching in the area of Commerce, Accounting and Computers Applications. It includes the various specialization papers in Commerce and Computer Application subjects. It maintains a good industry & institutional interaction. It highlights the concepts and skills for accounting and computer applications. The curriculum represents the course response to the evolving and dynamic finance and computer operating system.
The Department of Commerce with Computer Applications offers B.ComCA, B.Com BA,M.Com (FC) and Research Programmes leading to the award of M.Phil and Ph.D. The dedicated teachers of this department prepare students to pursue their higher studies and get employed in the highly competitive job market. It imparts value addition courses to all students. It conducts seminars and takes students on industrial visits. The curriculum is updated according to the changing environment in industry and commerce through board of studies with eminent members.
- Imparting knowledge in academic through conducive class room environment resulting in effective teaching and learning process.
- To make the students to pursue higher studies and employable in job market through seminars and industrial visits.
- Value Added, Modular, Extra Disciplinary Course, Inter Departmental Course being conducted.
- Updating the curriculum according to the changing environment that taken place in the industry and commerce
- Compu – Com forum is regularly conducted to improve the soft skills of the students.
Methodology of Teaching / Teaching Process
- Power Point Presentation
- Chalk & Talk
- Video Tutorials
- Experimental Learning Method
- Online Learning
- OHP Method
- Bridge Courses
- Remedial Classes for Slow Performers
- Compu – Com Forum
- IndustrialVisit – Local & National Level
- Extension Activity – Orphanage Visit
- Seminarsand GuestLecturesbyIndustrialexperts
- Lab facilities Exclusively for Commerce Students
- Department Level Library
Mr. S. MANOJ KUMAR
MBA., M. Phil., (Ph.D)
Assistant Professor &
Mrs. K. KAVITHA
MBA., M. Phil., NET
Dr. T. REVATHI
MBA., M.Phil., Ph.D.
Dr. SUBHA CHELLIAPPAN,
MBA., PGDIB., DLLAL., Ph.D., NET